Enhanced Nurse Aide
Enhanced Nurse Aide Diploma Program
(Formerly known as the Clinical Nurse Aide Program)
Please note: Dorsey Schools is not accepting students into the Enhanced Nurse Aide program at this time.
The Enhanced Nurse Aide diploma program is designed to prepare students to challenge the State of Michigan Certified Nurse Aide Competency Evaluation. Additionally, the program will provide comprehensive training in high-demand specialty skills that are valuable to the nurse aide professional. This includes training in basic home health aide procedures, caring for patients who have divergent needs (including geriatric patients, mentally ill and disabled patients, bariatric patients), as well as appropriate methods of providing restorative care. The program is also designed to prepare students to provide palliative and hospice care with sensitivity and awareness of cultural considerations.
The Enhanced Nurse Aide program is offered at the following campuses of Dorsey Schools:
- Saginaw, MI***
- Lansing, MI***
- Dearborn, MI***
- Farmington Hills, MI**
- Madison Heights, MI***
- Waterford-Pontiac, MI***
Enhanced Nurse Aide Training
Training in this program includes:
The Enhanced Nurse Aide diploma program at Dorsey Schools offers a more comprehensive approach in training future certified nurse aides, and includes:
- An in-depth knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology.
- Additional training that is specific to skills required of a home health aide.
- Additional training that is specific to caring for patients of all ages, from infancy through geriatric.
- The chance to learn how to provide care for patients with special needs, such as mentally ill, handicapped and bariatric patients.
- Gaining understanding and sensitivity towards specific cultures and beliefs while caring for patients during end of life care.
This additional training will not only ensure that each graduate provides excellent patient care but will also prepare students to challenge both the knowledge portion and the clinical skills portion of the State of Michigan Certified Nurse Aide Competency Evaluation, which (once passed) allows placement on the Michigan Nurse Aide Registry, which is necessary for employment in the field. Dorsey Schools’ Enhanced Nurse Aide training program offers specialized training; in less than eight months, you can become an important member of the health care team!
Additional Program Information:
- Each student must pass a mandatory background check.
- An unpaid, 16-hour clinical assignment in a nursing care facility is required of each student. This occurs during the PC114 course, will be arranged by the school, and may be scheduled to begin as early as 6:30 a.m. and end as late as 3:30 p.m. The daily class schedule and/or campus may vary for the PC114 course.
- Each student must pass a mandatory drug screen prior to clinical assignment as required by Public Acts 26, 28, and 29 of 2006.
- For patient safety during the clinical training rotation, students must be free of any lifting or activity restrictions.
Enhanced Nurse Aide Career Outlook
A career as a nurse aide can be extremely rewarding and satisfying, because this job typically involves helping the elderly and others who may require home health care to make it through the day. Common duties include bathing, spoon-feeding, and toileting patients, providing patients with oral care, transporting patients from one room to the next, and more. Jobs in this field may be found in hospitals, nursing care facilities, community care facilities for the elderly, and with home health care services.
To learn more about the Enhanced Nurse Aide program at Dorsey Schools, call 888-422-1188 or contact us.
Want to learn more about…
- What Nurse Aides Do
- Becoming a Nurse Aide
- The Dorsey Schools Enhanced Nurse Aide Program
Enhanced Nurse Aide Program – Gainful Employment Disclosures
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who have completed the program, and other important information, please click here.
** Please Note: The Farmington Hills Campus is not accepting new students at this time.
***Please Note: These campuses are not accepting new Enhanced Nurse Aide students at this time.