Medical Administration and Billing Diploma Program
The Medical Administration and Billing diploma program at Dorsey Schools will provide students with training that is needed for a career in this important, in-demand field. Students enrolled in this program will receive thorough training in computer technology, medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, records and database management, medical billing and coding, and more.
The Medical Administration and Billing Diploma Program is offered at the following Dorsey Schools campus locations:
- Dearborn, MI
- Madison Heights, MI
- Roseville, MI
- Saginaw, MI
- Southgate, MI
- Waterford-Pontiac, MI
- Wayne-Westland, MI
Medical Administration and Billing Training
Training in this program includes:
- Best practices in medical billing and practice management.
- Industry-current electronic health records (EHR) software programs used in today’s physician’s practices, hospitals, and other medical facilities.
- Medical coding systems using CPT, ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM, and HCFA terminology, as well as hospital and institutional medical billing and coding.
- Coverage of medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology.
- The principles of accounting and business communication.
- Prior to graduating, students will be required to take part in an externship where they will have the opportunity to apply the skills and knowledge they have learned while gaining industry experience and professional exposure to the field.
Medical Administration and Billing Career Outlook
Professionals with medical administration and billing training play an essential role in today’s healthcare industry. Typical job responsibilities may include drafting reports, scheduling appointments, managing databases, filing insurance claims, and more. Jobs in this field are most commonly found in hospitals, medical offices and/or any other health care-related facilities.
According to the US Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of health information technicians (positions that can be filled by Medical Administration and Billing graduates) is projected to grow 15% from 2014 to 2024, which is much faster than the average for all occupations.a In addition, according to the State of Michigan DTMB, Bureau of Labor Market Information and Strategic Initiatives, employment of medical records and health information technicians (positions that can be filled by Medical Administration and Billing graduates) is projected to grow 10% from 2014 to 2024.b
Enroll in the Medical Administration and Billing program at Dorsey Schools today and get the career training you need to become a valued professional in the healthcare field.
Graduates from Dorsey Schools have been employed by:
- Accretive Health
- Advanced Consulting Solutions
- Auto Com
- City Medical
- CRT Medical Systems
- Diamond Health Management and Staffing
- Family Health Center of Riverview
- Great Lakes Medical Billing
- Helping Hand Home Healthcare Corporation
- McLaren Home Medical
- Michigan Billing Services
- Mid-Michigan Medical Billing
- St. Mary’s Billing LLC
- …and more!
To learn more about the Medical Administration and Billing program at Dorsey Schools, call 888-422-1188 or contact us.
Medical Billing and Administration FAQs
Check out our Medical Administration and Billing FAQ page to learn more about…
- What Medical Billers Do
- Becoming a Medical Biller
- The Dorsey Schools Medical Administration and Billing Program
Medical Administration and Billing Program – Gainful Employment Disclosures
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who have completed the program, and other important information, please click here.
aBureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition, Medical Records and Health Information Technicians, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/medical-records-and-health-information-technicians.htm (visited July 11, 2016).
bMichigan DTMB, Bureau of Labor Market Information and Strategic Initiatives, Long-Term Occupational Employment Projections (2014-2024) Michigan Statewide, Medical Records and Health Information Technicians (SOC Code: 29-2071), http://milmi.mt.gov/Portals/137/publications/projectionsdata/LongTerm_OccupationalProj_2024_MI.xlsx (visited July 11, 2016).