The Medical Administration and Billing diploma program at Dorsey Schools will provide students with training that is needed for a career in this important, in-demand field. Students enrolled in this program will receive thorough training in computer technology, medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, records and database management, medical billing and coding, and more.
Find A Campus Near YouThe Medical Administration and Billing diploma program is offered at the following Dorsey Schools campus locations:
Medical Administration and Billing training program
Training in this program includes:
- Best practices in medical billing and practice management.
- Industry-current electronic health records (EHR) software programs used in today’s physician’s practices, hospitals, and other medical facilities.
- Medical coding systems using CPT, ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM, and HCFA terminology, as well as hospital and institutional medical billing and coding.
- Coverage of medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology.
- The principles of accounting and business communication.
Medical Administration and Billing Career/ Job Outlook
Professionals with medical administration and billing training play an essential role in today’s healthcare industry. Typical job responsibilities may include drafting reports, scheduling appointments, managing databases, filing insurance claims, and more. Jobs in this field are most commonly found in hospitals, medical offices and/or any other health care-related facilities. Enroll in the Medical Administration and Billing program at Dorsey Schools today and get the career training you need to become a valued professional in the healthcare field.
For those who wish to earn their certification, Dorsey Schools will pay the cost one time for graduates of this program to challenge a certification exam as selected by Dorsey Schools, contingent upon the graduate meeting Dorsey Schools exam preparation requirements.
Medical Administration and Billing Frequently Asked Questions
Want to learn more about:
- What Medical Billers Do
- Becoming a Medical Biller
- The Dorsey Schools Medical Administration and Billing program
Check out our Medical Administration and Billing FAQ page!
Ready to make a change? Take the first step!Requesting information requires no obligation or commitments.
For your reference, we’ve included the links below of several very helpful websites where you can learn more about Medical Billers, info pertaining to Jobs as a Medical Biller, the work Medical Billers do, etc.:
Michigan Occupational Wage Information: http://milmi.org/?PAGEID=67&SUBID=124