Michigan Career & Technical Training Programs
Dorsey Schools offers exceptional career training in some of the country’s most in-demand fields. With the classroom instruction and the opportunity to gain practical hands-on experience at Dorsey Schools, our students can prepare for entry-level employment in their newly chosen career. As the longest running career school in Michigan, our goal at Dorsey Schools is to help students gain the knowledge and confidence they need to become valuable members of the Michigan workforce and make a positive impact in their chosen careers.
Exceptional Career Training and Education
Career Training and Courses of Study Include
- Dental Assistant
- Dialysis Patient Care Technician
- Medical Administration And Billing
- Medical Assistant
- Patient Care Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Practical Nursing
- Cosmetology Instructor
- Culinary Arts
- HVAC Systems Technician
- Electrical Technician
Why Choose Dorsey?
A Trusted Michigan Career Training School For Over 80 years!
Dorsey Schools is a respected post-secondary institution, having trained and taught quality graduates in Michigan since 1934. At Dorsey Schools, you’re not just a number. You have specific goals; goals that are unique to you as an individual and as a student at Dorsey Schools, we’re going to work hard to help you reach those goals. Our instructors and administrators know students individually and they care about each individual student. In addition, our schools are designed to help students throughout their time with us from the Admissions process through Financial Aid to Career Services, our administrators are readily available. Here at Dorsey Schools, we have a strong commitment to our students and the communities in which they live and work.
Education That’s Working For YOU!
- Small Class Sizes: Many of our lecture classes have a maximum of a 30:1 student to teacher ratio (some may be up to 40:1, it varies by campus), and most lab classes have a maximum of an 18:1 student to teacher ratio, allowing students to receive personal attention and the one-on-one guidance needed for success.
- Quality Instructors: Our industry-experienced instructors are dedicated and committed to our students’ success. Every Dorsey Schools instructor meets or exceeds State of Michigan and accreditation criteria, guidelines, and qualifications. It’s not uncommon for Dorsey students to see their instructors as their coach and mentor throughout their studies.
Exceptional, Short-Term Career Training Programs
- Hands-on Training: We provide our students with a program-specific curriculum dedicated to assisting them in learning the skills needed for that specific career. Learning at Dorsey Schools often takes place in both lecture and lab settings allowing students the ability to practice the skills they are learning. Many of our programs also include an Externship prior to graduation, designed to model the work environment students may experience upon Graduation.*
- Short-Term Training Programs: Many of the programs at Dorsey Schools can be completed in a year or less, allowing you to complete your training in a relatively short period of time.**
Convenience and Flexibility
- Convenient Campus Locations: We have convenient campus locations (Dearborn, Madison Heights, Roseville, Saginaw, Southgate, Taylor, Waterford-Pontiac, Wayne) prepared to assist the people of Michigan to develop skills needed for exciting new career opportunities. Each of our campuses has a dedicated staff available to help you throughout your studies.
- Convenient Class Schedules: We realize our students are busy and often juggle commitments outside of school. As a result, we offer Day, Afternoon, and Evening classes*** designed to fit your schedule.
Student Services throughout your studies at Dorsey Schools
- Tuition Planning: Each of our campuses has Financial Aid Representatives available to meet with students and discuss financing options. We realize the Financial Aid process can be difficult to understand, but our team will help students understand the process and options available to them. Financial Aid is available to those who qualify.
- Career Services: Each of our campuses has Career Services professionals dedicated to offering employment assistance to all eligible graduates. In addition, Dorsey Schools has developed relationships with employers in Michigan which, when coupled with the job search skills students learn, creates positive employment possibilities for our graduates. Dorsey Schools is your Career Connection™.
*Programs vary by campus
**Completion time varies by program
***Availability varies by campus
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at: https://www.dorsey.edu/disclosures
Career Services is available to all eligible graduates, however, job placement is not guaranteed by Dorsey Schools. Programs vary by campus. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify.