Dorsey College offers exceptional career training programs here in Michigan. With the classroom instruction and the opportunity to gain practical hands-on experience at Dorsey College, our students can prepare for entry-level employment in their newly chosen career. As the longest running career school in Michigan, our goal at Dorsey College is to help students gain the knowledge and confidence they need to become valuable members of the Michigan workforce and make a positive impact in their chosen careers.
Exceptional Career Training and Education
Career Training Programs and Courses of Study at Dorsey College Include:
Medical/Healthcare Training Programs
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Administration And Billing
- Medical Laboratory Assistant
- Patient Care Technician
- Dialysis Patient Care Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Massage Therapy
- Dental Assistant
- Sterile Processing Technician
- Associate of Applied Science in Radiologic Technology
Nursing Training Programs
Culinary Training Programs
Beauty Training Programs
Skilled Trades Training Programs
EMS Training Programs
Reasons to Attend Dorsey College Over Other Career Training Schools in Michigan
- A TRUSTED MICHIGAN CAREER TRAINING SCHOOL FOR OVER 85 YEARS!
Dorsey College is a respected post-secondary institution, having trained and taught quality graduates in Michigan since 1934. At Dorsey College, you’re not just a number. You have specific goals; goals that are unique to you as an individual and as a student at Dorsey College, we’re going to work hard to help you reach those goals. Our instructors and administrators know students individually and they care about each individual student. In addition, our schools are designed to help students throughout their time with us; from the Admissions process through Financial Aid to Career Services, our administrators are readily available. Here at Dorsey College, we have a strong commitment to our students and the communities in which they live and work.
- EDUCATION THAT’S WORKING FOR YOU!
- Small Class Sizes: Many of our lecture classes have a maximum of a 30:1 student-to-teacher ratio (some may be larger), and most lab classes have a maximum of an 18:1 student to teacher ratio, allowing students to receive personal attention and the one-on-one guidance needed for success.
- Quality Instructors: Our industry-experienced instructors are dedicated and committed to our students’ success. Every Dorsey College instructor meets or exceeds State of Michigan and/or accreditation criteria, guidelines, and qualifications. It’s not uncommon for students of Dorsey College to see their instructors as their coach and mentor throughout their studies.
- EXCEPTIONAL, SHORT-TERM CAREER TRAINING PROGRAMS
- Hands-on Training: We provide our students with a program-specific curriculum which is dedicated to assist them in learning the skills needed for that specific career. Learning at Dorsey College often takes place in both lecture and lab settings, allowing students the ability to practice the skills they are learning. Many of our programs also include an externship or clinical experience prior to graduation, which is designed to model the work environment students may experience upon graduation.1
- Short-Term Training Programs: Many of the programs at Dorsey College can be completed in a year or less, allowing students to complete their training in a relatively short period of time.2
- CONVENIENCE AND FLEXIBILITY
- Convenient Campus Locations: We have campus locations prepared to assist the people of Michigan develop skills needed for exciting new career opportunities. Each of our campuses has a dedicated staff available to help students throughout their studies.
- Convenient Class Schedules: We realize our students are busy and often juggle commitments outside of school. As a result, we offer day, afternoon, and evening classes 3designed to fit their schedules.
- STUDENT SERVICES THROUGHOUT YOUR STUDIES AT DORSEY COLLEGE
- Tuition Planning: Each of our campuses has a representative available to meet with students to discuss tuition financing options. We realize the Financial Aid process can be difficult to understand, but our team will help students understand the process and options available to them. Financial Aid is available to those who qualify.
- Career Services: Each of our campuses are committed to offering employment assistance to all program completers. In addition, Dorsey College has developed relationships with employers in Michigan which, when coupled with the job search skills students learn, creates positive employment possibilities for our graduates. Dorsey College is your Career Connection™ since 1934.4
1 Programs vary by campus
2 Completion time varies by program
3 Availability varies by program and campus
4 Employment assistance is available to all program completers; however, job placement is not guaranteed by Dorsey College.