Where is the Dorsey College Dearborn Michigan campus located?
The Dearborn Michigan Campus of Dorsey College is located near the Southfield Freeway, off of Ford Road (adjacent to Planet Fitness). The Dorsey College Dearborn campus is only minutes away from communities such as Northwest Detroit, Dearborn, Dearborn Heights, Melvindale, and others.
Address18660 Ford Road Detroit, Michigan 48228
Admissions Dept. HoursMeet with one of our Admissions Representatives during these convenient hours:
- Mon – Thu9:00 – 8:00
- Friday9:00 – 5:00
- Sat – SunClosed
At this Campus
Programs at the Dorsey College Dearborn Campus
About Dorsey College Dearborn Campus
Many of the career training programs at the Dearborn campus give students the opportunity to learn in both a traditional classroom setting as well as in a lab environment where they can learn and practice the skills essential to their chosen area of study.
The Dorsey College Dearborn campus can help you launch an exciting new career in healthcare if you choose our Medical Assistant, Medical Administration and Billing, or Patient Care Technician program. A Dental Assistant training program is also offered and students will have the opportunity to learn in our beautifully outfitted Dental Lab. The Dearborn campus also offers a Massage Therapy program for those interested in pursuing a career in this specific area of healthcare. Prospective students interested in a career in the skilled trades can choose the Electrical Technician training program offered at the Dorsey College Dearborn campus.
In 2022, the Dearborn campus added the Associate of Applied Science in Radiologic Technology program for those interested in training to pursue a career as a Radiologic Technologist.
Here's What Some of Our Dorsey College Graduates Are Saying
A Graduate of the Dorsey Medical Assistant training program
a Graduate from our Electrical Technician training program!
Jessica StatelerDorsey Medical Assistant program Graduate, 2015
- How did studying at Dorsey make a difference for you or in your life?
- “Before I started at Dorsey I did not believe in myself. I walked away with an education (that is priceless) along with confidence in myself.”
- What are the greatest strengths/skills you received from studying at Dorsey?
- “I am a confident NCMA! I cannot put into words how important that is! My whole career is patient care – I am passionate and now with Dorsey’s help, I am confident. The knowledge from the instructors and staff will be passed on!”
- Are you employed in your field? If so, where? What are your plans after Graduation from Dorsey?
- “Yes, Dr. Devireddy, Chief Cardiologist at St. John. I plan on sharing my gift of compassion and knowledge as I grow as a NCMA.”
Tamara ThomasDorsey Medical Assistant program Graduate, 2016
- How did studying at Dorsey make a difference for you or in your life?
- “Studying at Dorsey made a huge difference in my life. I got a chance to enter into a field that I always wanted as a child.”
- What was the best part of your experience studying at Dorsey?
- “The best part of my experience was having a “hands-on” experience learning new things and meeting great people. Also having experience on externship.”
Are you a graduate of the Dorsey College Dearborn Campus?Please take a moment to kindly review us here: https://goo.gl/Mj2qbX
Parking at the Dorsey College Dearborn CampusWe have parking available in the lot in front of our building and there is also a lot on the side of our building that students and visitors can use. Upon arriving, you can check in at the front desk (once you walk into the school) and a member of our staff can direct you.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long will it take me to complete my program?
- Most of the training programs at the Dearborn, MI campus are designed to be completed in a year or less! The Associate of Applied Science in Radiologic Technology is designed to be completed in two years. Actual completion time may vary by student and program.
- When are classes offered?
- The Dorsey College Dearborn, MI campus offers both day and evening classes. This may vary based on which program you are interested in, but one of our Admissions Representatives can share program availability when you visit our campus.
- Is there a break room available at the campus for students?
- Yes! Our campus has a break room available for students to use before and after classes as well as during breaks. The break room also has vending machines
- If I want to study at the Dearborn, MI campus before or after class, can I do that?
- The Dearborn, MI campus has a library as well as a computer lab that students can use to study outside of class. Please check with a member of our staff for specific details on how to utilize these resources.
- How will I know what resources are available to me to help me fund my education?
- If you are interested in studying at Dorsey College, when you visit our campus, you will have the opportunity to meet with one of our Financial Aid Advisors. They will share information with you such as tuition and any applicable fees for your program of interest, as well as the various funding sources that may be available at our institution. The goal of our Financial Aid team is to ensure our prospective students and current students understand the various need and non-need based Financial Aid programs and provide assistance through the application process. Additional Information and resources are also available on the Financial Aid page of the Dorsey College website. Financial Aid is available to those who qualify.
- Can you get me a job once I graduate?
- No school can guarantee their students and graduates a job once they have finished their program. Here at Dorsey College, we offer career services assistance to all program completers. You can learn more about the type of assistance our Career Services Coordinators offer by visiting our Career Services for Students and Graduates page.
- Do you offer babysitting or childcare?
- Our campus does not offer babysitting or childcare for enrolled students, however, if this is a concern for you, our team is more than happy to share any information we have available regarding local resources that may be able to assist you.
- I’ve been out of school for a while. Can I really do this?
- You can! Our staff understands that our students come to us from different backgrounds and at different stages in their life. We are prepared to help each of our students make the most of their career training at Dorsey.
- Who are your students? Will there be people like me?
- Our students come to us from a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
- If I run into difficulties during my program, is there someone I can talk to?
- We’re committed to our students and want to help them succeed. If you’re having academic challenges during your program, we would encourage you to meet with your instructors or a member of our staff at the Dearborn, MI campus. If you have another concern, our Managing Director at the Dearborn, MI campus has an open door policy and is always willing to speak with students regarding any concerns they may have.
Want to learn more about the Dorsey College Dearborn, MI Campus? Check out our Dearborn, MI events page!