Where is the Dorsey School of Beauty campus located?
The Dorsey School of Beauty campus is located in the Taylortown Shopping Center and is conveniently located to the nearby downriver communities of Southgate, Romulus, Wyandotte, Riverview, Inkster, as well as Belleville, Dearborn, Redford, Westland, Ypsilanti, and Detroit among others. Dorsey School of Beauty is located in the Taylortown Shopping Center on Ecorse Road, just east of Pardee Road.
Address23125 Ecorse Road, Taylor, Michigan 48180 Additional Classroom Space: 23129 Ecorse Road, Taylor, MI 48180
Admissions Dept. HoursMeet with one of our Admissions Representatives during these convenient hours:
- Mon – Thu9:00 – 8:00
- Friday9:00 – 5:00
- Sat – SunClosed
At this Campus
Programs at the Dorsey School of Beauty, Taylor, MI Campus
About Dorsey School of Beauty, Taylor, MI Campus
Note: If you’re interested in visiting our student salon, please give us a call for hours!
Since 2011, Dorsey School of Beauty has been providing quality career training in the beauty field to those interested in pursuing a career as a Cosmetologist, a Manicurist, Esthetician, or a Cosmetology Instructor. Programs at Dorsey School of Beauty’s campus in Taylor, MI offer a blended approach of classroom instruction along with hands-on learning. Students will also have the opportunity to put their skills and knowledge into practice on the salon floor performing hair, skin, nail, and other beauty services for clients. Services are provided by Senior Students (while supervised) to members of the public, who may be charged for the services rendered by students.
Parking at the Dorsey School of Beauty, Taylor, MI CampusThere is plenty of parking in front of our school building within the shopping center parking lot. When you visit our campus for the first time, you’ll enter the building and will see the student salon. Check in at the front desk and a member of our administrative staff will assist you.
Ready to make a change? Take the first step!Requesting information requires no obligation or commitments.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long will it take me to complete my program?
- It depends on the program. Some programs can be completed in less than a year while others will take over one year to complete. Actual completion time may vary by student and program.
- When are classes offered?
- The Dorsey School of Beauty campus offers both day and evening classes. This may vary based on which program you are interested in as well as seats currently available, but one of our Admissions Representatives can share program availability when you visit our campus.
- If I want to study at the Taylor, MI campus before or after class, can I do that?
- If you’re interested in using the computer lab or studying at the school outside of normal class times, we do make that available to students and you can check with a member of our staff for specific details.
- Is there a break room available at the campus for students?
- Yes! We do have a student lounge area within the school available for student use.
- Can you get me a job once I graduate?
- No school can guarantee their students and graduates a job once they have finished their program. Here at Dorsey School of Beauty, we offer career services assistance to all program completers. You can learn more about the type of assistance our Career Services Coordinators offer by visiting our Career Services for Students and Graduates page.
- Do you offer babysitting or childcare?
- Our campus does not offer babysitting or childcare for enrolled students, however, if this is a concern for you, our team is more than happy to share any information we have available regarding local resources that may be able to assist you.
- I’ve been out of school for a while. Can I really do this?
- You can! Our staff understands that our students come to us from different backgrounds and at different stages in their life. We are prepared to help each of our students make the most of their career training at Dorsey.
- Who are your students? Will there be people like me?
- Our students come to us from a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
- If I run into difficulties during my program, is there someone I can talk to?
- We’re committed to our students and want to help them succeed. If you’re having academic challenges during your program, we would encourage you to meet with your instructors at the campus. If you have another concern, our Managing Director has an open door policy and is always willing to speak with students regarding any concerns they may have.