Where is the Dorsey College Madison Heights Campus located?
Our staff at the Madison Heights campus invites you to visit our campus and see the exciting things happening here at Dorsey College! The Dorsey College Madison Heights campus is conveniently located on John R Road between 13 Mile Road and 14 Mile Road in Madison Heights.
Address31739 John R Road Madison Heights, Michigan 48071
Admissions Dept. HoursMeet with one of our Admissions Representatives during these convenient hours:
- Mon – Thu9:00 – 8:00
- Friday9:00 – 5:00
- Sat – SunClosed
Programs at the Dorsey College Madison Heights Campus
About Dorsey College Madison Heights Campus
In 2014, our Madison Heights campus moved to a spacious new facility on John R Road to meet the needs of our students training for new careers in the Healthcare field. Our staff is dedicated to preparing the Medical Assistants, Dialysis Patient Care Technicians, Sterile Processing Technicians, Massage Therapists, Medical Laboratory Assistants, Practical Nurses, and Medical Administration and Billing professionals of tomorrow! In July 2015, the Madison Heights, MI campus also began offering a career training program in Cosmetology. The beauty programs at the Madison Heights campus also include an Esthetician program and a Manicuring program.
For those interested in training for a career in the Skilled Trades, Dorsey College’s Madison Heights campus also offers an Electrical Technician training program.
In 2021, the Madison Heights campus began offering the Associate of Applied Science in Nursing program for those who wish to pursue a career as a Registered Nurse.
Dorsey College in Madison Heights also offers an Emergency Medical Technician program and a Paramedic program for those who wish to pursue a career in Emergency Medical Services.
You can join thousands of other successful Dorsey graduates currently working in their chosen field throughout Michigan. It starts by training at Dorsey College.
Here's What Some of Our Dorsey College Graduates Are Saying
A Graduate of the Dorsey Medical Assistant training program
A Graduate from our Medical Administration and Billing program
Jessica StatelerDorsey Medical Assistant program Graduate, 2015
- How did studying at Dorsey make a difference for you or in your life?
- “Before I started at Dorsey I did not believe in myself. I walked away with an education (that is priceless) along with confidence in myself.”
- What are the greatest strengths/skills you received from studying at Dorsey?
- “I am a confident NCMA! I cannot put into words how important that is! My whole career is patient care – I am passionate and now with Dorsey’s help, I am confident. The knowledge from the instructors and staff will be passed on!”
- Are you employed in your field? If so, where? What are your plans after Graduation from Dorsey?
- “Yes, Dr. Devireddy, Chief Cardiologist at St. John. I plan on sharing my gift of compassion and knowledge as I grow as a NCMA.”
Tamara ThomasDorsey Medical Assistant program Graduate, 2016
- How did studying at Dorsey make a difference for you or in your life?
- “Studying at Dorsey made a huge difference in my life. I got a chance to enter into a field that I always wanted as a child.”
- What was the best part of your experience studying at Dorsey?
- “The best part of my experience was having a “hands-on” experience learning new things and meeting great people. Also having experience on externship.”
Are you a graduate of the Dorsey College Madison Heights Campus?Please take a moment to kindly review us here: https://goo.gl/XtEZ2p
Parking at the Dorsey College Madison Heights CampusThere is plenty of parking in front of our school. When you arrive, enter through the door with 31739 above it – this is the Allied Health Building. When you enter the building, you will see the front desk and you can check in with a member of our administrative staff who can assist you.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long will it take me to complete my program?
- Many of the training programs at the Madison Heights, MI campus are designed to be completed in a year or less! Actual completion time may vary by student and program.
- When are classes offered?
- The Dorsey College Madison Heights, MI campus offers both day and evening classes. This may vary based on which program you are interested in, but one of our Admissions Representatives can share program availability when you visit our campus.
- If I want to study at the Madison Heights, MI campus before or after class, can I do that?
- Dorsey College Madison Heights, MI campus provides students with a study area in our Library that is equipped with different types of study information along with a computer and printer to complete homework or research. The hours for our Library are Mon through Thurs 8am to 11pm and on Fridays from 8am to5pm. We also conduct workshops on specific Saturdays to give our students the opportunity to receive some extra help form their instructors.
- How will I know what resources are available to me to help me fund my education?
- If you are interested in studying at Dorsey College, when you visit our campus, you will have the opportunity to meet with one of our Financial Aid Advisors. They will share information with you such as tuition and any applicable fees for your program of interest, as well as the various funding sources that may be available at our institution. The goal of our Financial Aid team is to ensure our prospective students and current students understand the various need and non-need based Financial Aid programs, and provide assistance through the application process. Additional Information and resources are also available on the Financial Aid page of the Dorsey College website. Financial Aid is available to those who qualify.
- Can you get me a job once I graduate?
- No school can guarantee their students and graduates a job once they have finished their program. Here at Dorsey College, we offer career services assistance to all program completers. You can learn more about the type of assistance our Career Services Coordinators offer by visiting our Career Services for Students and Graduates page
- Do you offer babysitting or childcare?
- Our campus does not offer babysitting or childcare for enrolled students, however, if this is a concern for you, our team is more than happy to share any information we have available regarding local resources that may be able to assist you.
- I’ve been out of school for a while. Can I really do this?
- You can! Our staff understands that our students come to us from different backgrounds and at different stages in their life. We are prepared to help each of our students make the most of their career training at Dorsey.
- Who are your students? Will there be people like me?
- Our students come to us from a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
- If I run into difficulties during my program, is there someone I can talk to?
- We’re committed to our students and want to help them succeed. If you’re having academic challenges during your program, we would encourage you to meet with your instructors or the Academic Dean at the Madison Heights, MI campus. If you have another concern, our Managing Director at the Madison Heights, MI campus has an open door policy and is always willing to speak with students regarding any concerns they may have.
Want to learn more about the Dorsey College Madison Heights, MI Campus? Check out our Madison Heights MI, events page here!