Medical Assistant training program
The Medical Assistant training program at Dorsey Schools could be the bridge that connects you to the chance of working side by side with doctors and patients in need. In our medical assistant courses in Michigan, you have the opportunity to learn a unique combination of specialized skills that are necessary for employment in a medical office, clinic, hospital, or another healthcare facility. Graduates who complete this specialized training from Dorsey Schools may go on to further advancement in the medical field, by way of becoming a certified Medical Assistant.
The Medical Assistant diploma program is offered at the following Dorsey Schools campus locations:
- Dorsey Schools – Dearborn, MI Campus (A branch campus of Madison Heights)
- Dorsey Schools –Madison Heights, MI Campus (Main Campus)
- Dorsey Schools –Roseville, MI Campus (A branch campus of Madison Heights)
- Dorsey Schools –Saginaw, MI Campus (A branch campus of Madison Heights)
- Dorsey Schools –Southgate, MI Campus (A branch campus of Madison Heights)
- Dorsey Schools –Waterford-Pontiac, MI Campus (A branch campus of Madison Heights)
- Dorsey Schools –Wayne, MI Campus (A branch campus of Madison Heights)
Medical Assistant training – Michigan medical & healthcare programs
Training in this program includes:
- Comprehensive training in both administrative and clinical areas.
- Clinical training that takes place on-campus in the medical laboratories at Dorsey Schools.
- An externship with a physician’s office, long-term care facility, acute care setting, or other medical facilities prior to graduating.
- Upon completion of this program, graduates will be eligible to sit for a national Medical Assistant certification exam.
Medical Assistant Jobs – Growth & Careers
Medical assistant jobs are among the fastest-growing in the healthcare industry. According to the US Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of medical assistants is projected to grow 29% from 2016 to 2026, which is much faster than average for all occupations.a In addition, according to the State of Michigan DTMB, Bureau of Labor Market Information and Strategic Initiatives, employment of medical assistants is projected to grow 10.8% from 2014 to 2024.b
Want to learn more about:
- What Medical Assistants Do
- Becoming a Medical Assistant
- The Dorsey Schools Medical Assistant program
Check out our Medical Assistant FAQ page!
Medical Assistant program – Gainful Employment Disclosures
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who have completed the program, and other important information, please click here.
For your reference, we’ve included the links below of several very helpful websites where you can learn more about Medical Assistants, info pertaining to Jobs as a Medical Assistant, the work Medical Assistants do, etc.:
Michigan Occupational Wage Information: http://milmi.org/?PAGEID=67&SUBID=124
O*Net Online: http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/31-9092.00
aBureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Medical Assistants, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/medical-assistants.htm (visited November 1, 2017).
bMichigan DTMB, Bureau of Labor Market Information and Strategic Initiatives, Long-Term Occupational Employment Projections (2014-2024) Michigan Statewide, Medical Assistants (SOC Code: 31-9092), http://milmi.mt.gov/Portals/137/publications/projectionsdata/LongTerm_OccupationalProj_2024_MI.xlsx (visited July 11, 2016).