A Trusted Michigan Career School for over 85 Years
In 1934, Ruth Dorsey founded the Dorsey School to meet the growing demand in business for highly skilled operators of Victor and Burroughs’ comptometer machines. In its day, the comptometer was the most advanced technology for data tabulation and was widely used, well into the 1960’s.
Today, Dorsey School of Business Inc., doing business as Dorsey College, remains a committed career training school that prepares individuals for promising career opportunities, technology training, and certifications for the medical, culinary arts, skilled trades, and cosmetology fields.
Dorsey College is proudly represented by thousands of successful graduates from our career training schools in Michigan. The entire staff of Dorsey College strives to prepare individuals for the best possible career opportunities in various fields. Get started on your career training today and you too can represent Dorsey College by working in the field of your choice, right here in Michigan.
Dorsey School of Business Inc., doing business as Dorsey College, is accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education. This applies to the Madison Heights campus (which serves as the main campus) and the Dearborn, Roseville, Saginaw, Woodhaven, and Wayne campuses (which are branch campus locations of Madison Heights).
Taylortown School of Beauty Inc., doing business as Dorsey School of Beauty located in Taylor, MI is institutionally accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NACCAS) and serves as a main campus.
The “Dorsey Divisions” school locations do not hold institutional accreditation. These locations include Training Direct (locations in Bridgeport and Danbury Connecticut), Great Lakes EMS Academy in Grand Rapids, MI, and Dorsey Emergency Medical Academy (DEMA) locations in Madison Heights, MI (formerly known as Superior Medical Education), Woodhaven, MI (formerly known as Michigan Academy of Emergency Services and Allied Health), and Bay City, MI (formerly known as Valley Training Center).
Dorsey College is committed to providing quality career education and positive reinforcement to enable the development of self-esteem, self-reliance, professionalism and confidence in all students coupled with an obligation to support the diverse communities in which they live and work.
In support of our mission, the following measurable objectives have been developed:
- Continually update the curriculum to provide programs that meet the needs of the community.
- Offer students the opportunity to develop a foundation of skills and abilities that satisfy the performance requirements of employers.
- Develop each student’s self-confidence and interpersonal skills.
- Provide a pleasant and professional atmosphere conducive to learning that provides experience in operating equipment and software typical of that currently being used in the workplace.
- Provide a dedicated, competent, and caring faculty and staff.
- Offer community involvement activities designed to stimulate student involvement in the community.
- Assist students to secure training-related employment.