Where is the Dorsey College Grand Rapids Campus located?
The Dorsey College Grand Rapids campus (formerly Great Lakes EMS Academy) is in the Cascade Office Park located off of 28th street behind the IHOP restaurant between Patterson Ave and I96. The Grand Rapids campus proudly serves residents in the Western Michigan communities interested in training for a new career. We invite you to contact us or stop by our campus to learn more about our training programs.
Address2620 Horizon Dr., Suite 200, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49546
Admissions Dept. HoursMeet with one of our Admissions Representatives during these convenient hours:
- Mon - Fri9:00 - 5:00
- Sat - SunClosed
Programs at the Dorsey College Grand Rapids Campus
About Dorsey College Grand Rapids Campus
Welcome to the Dorsey College Grand Rapids campus. Our school opened in 2022 and proudly serves the residents living in the various Western Michigan communities.
The Grand Rapids campus offers a variety of training programs such as Medical Assistant, Medical Administration and Billing, and Sterile Processing Technician. The Grand Rapids campus also offers several EMS training programs: Emergency Medical Technician, Paramedic, and EMS Instructor-Coordinator.
For over 85 years, Dorsey College has proudly trained students to pursue rewarding new careers in Michigan. In addition, Dorsey has the distinction of being the longest standing career training school in the State of Michigan. We look forward to serving the people in Western Michigan and assisting those who wish to pursue a new career and a brighter future. Contact us today to learn more about our programs!
Parking at the Dorsey College Grand Rapids CampusThere is plenty of parking in the office center parking lot. Our school is located in Suite 200.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long will it take me to complete my program?
- Actual completion time will vary by program and by student, however, Dorsey College offers many programs that can be completed in a year or less. Contact us today to learn more.
- When are classes offered?
- We realize convenience is important to our students, so Dorsey College offers flexible class schedules. The Grand Rapids, MI campus offers both day and evening classes, however, this may vary based on program and availability. One of our Admissions Representatives can share specific details on schedules when you visit our campus.
- Is there a break room available at the campus for students?
- Yes, we have a break room available for students.
- If I want to study at the Grand Rapids, MI campus before or after class, can I do that?
- If you’re interested in using the computer lab or studying at the school outside of normal class times, we do make that available to students and you can check with a member of our staff for specific details.
- Can you get me a job once I graduate?
- No school can guarantee their students and graduates a job once they have finished their program. Here at Dorsey College, we offer career services assistance to all program completers. You can learn more about the type of assistance our Career Services Coordinators offer by visiting our Career Services for Students and Graduates page.
- Do you offer babysitting or childcare?
- Our campus does not offer babysitting or childcare for enrolled students, however, if this is a concern for you, our team is more than happy to share any information we have available regarding local resources that may be able to assist you.
- I’ve been out of school for a while. Can I really do this?
- You can! Our staff understands that our students come to us from different backgrounds and at different stages in their life. We are prepared to help each of our students make the most of their career training at Dorsey.
- Who are your students? Will there be people like me?
- Our students come to us from a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
- If I run into difficulties during my program, is there someone I can talk to?
- We’re committed to our students and want to help them succeed. If you’re having academic challenges during your program, we would encourage you to meet with your instructors or the Managing Director at the Grand Rapids, MI campus. If you have another concern, our Managing Director at the Grand Rapids, MI campus has an open door policy and is always willing to speak with students regarding any concerns they may have.