A Trusted Michigan Career School for over 80 Years
In 1934, Ruth Dorsey founded the Dorsey School to meet the growing demand in business for highly skilled operators of Victor and Burroughs’ comptometer machines. In its day, the comptometer was the most advanced technology for data tabulation and was widely used, well into the 1960’s.
Today, Dorsey remains a committed career training school that prepares individuals for promising career opportunities, technology training, and certifications for the medical, culinary arts, skilled trades, and cosmetology fields.
Dorsey Schools is institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools and serves the Michigan area with ten convenient locations: Dearborn, Farmington Hills, Lansing, Madison Heights, Roseville, Saginaw, Southgate, Taylor, Waterford-Pontiac and Wayne-Westland.
In 2011 Dorsey opened their first Dorsey School of Beauty located in Taylor Michigan. Dorsey School of Beauty is institutionally accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences.
Dorsey is proudly represented by thousands of successful graduates from our several career schools in Michigan. Get started on your career training today and you too can represent Dorsey by working in the field of your choice, right here in Michigan.
The entire staff of Dorsey Schools strives to prepare men and women for the best possible career opportunities in various fields. We are committed to providing quality career education and positive reinforcement to enable the individual development of self-esteem, self-reliance, discipline, and confidence in all graduates coupled with an obligation to the communities in which they live and work.
In support of our mission, the following measurable objectives have been developed:
- Continually update the curriculum to provide programs that meet the needs of the community.
- Offer students the opportunity to develop a foundation of skills and abilities that satisfy the performance requirements of employers.
- Develop each student’s self-confidence and interpersonal skills.
- Provide a pleasant and professional atmosphere conducive to learning that provides experience in operating equipment and software typical of that currently being used in the workplace.
- Provide a dedicated, competent, and caring faculty and staff.
- Offer community involvement activities designed to stimulate student involvement in the community.
- Assist students to secure training-related employment.