Dialysis P.C. Technician Diploma Program
The Dialysis Patient Care Technician diploma program at Dorsey Schools combines classroom-based career training and instruction with a hands-on externship component for an outstanding learning experience in the in-demand medical field of allied health. Students enrolled in the Dialysis Patient Care Technician program will have the opportunity to master the specific duties that are necessary to properly assist patients who are undergoing dialysis treatment.
The Dialysis Patient Care Technician diploma program is offered at the following Dorsey Schools campus locations:
Dialysis Patient Care Technician Training
Training in this program includes:
- Introduction to the interpersonal, communication, and basic clinical skills required in caring for patients with acute/ chronic renal disease who are undergoing dialysis treatment at a dialysis facility or hospital.
- Exposure to the techniques for operating, monitoring, and disinfecting kidney dialysis equipment and machines while observing facility policies/procedures and Federal and State Regulations.
- The opportunity to develop direct skills (including observation, education, taking vital signs, injections, blood draws, ECGs, and more), all while monitoring patient comfort and safety.
- The Dialysis Patient Care Technician program includes an elective externship course option. Elective course options include the Medical Assistant externship, the Patient Care Technician externship or the Dialysis Patient Care Technician externship. Externship course and site selection are dependent on externship site availability and will therefore be determined by Dorsey Schools. The externship during the last module of training provides actual clinical experience in a medical facility and professional exposure.
- Dorsey Schools will pay the cost one time for dialysis patient care technician program graduates to challenge a certification examination as selected by Dorsey Schools, contingent upon the graduate meeting Dorsey School’s exam preparation requirements. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid require dialysis patient care technicians to become certified within 18 months of employment in the field of dialysis. Therefore, Dorsey Schools’ graduates are encouraged to sit for applicable certification examinations.
Dialysis Patient Care Technician Career Outlook
A career as a dialysis patient care technician can be extremely rewarding and satisfying, as professionals in this field work closely with and care for patients while they undergo hemodialysis treatment. Typical duties include taking patient vitals, patient blood sterilization, and inspecting and maintaining hemodialysis machines before, during, and after the procedures, among other tasks. Jobs in this field can be found in hospitals, dialysis centers, health care clinics, medical offices, rehab facilities, and other health care facilities.
Enroll in the Dialysis Patient Care Technician program at Dorsey Schools today and get the career training you need to become a healthcare professional.
Graduates from Dorsey Schools have been employed by:
- Bloomfield Urgent Medical Care
- DaVita Dialysis Center
- Homestead Healthcare Inc.
- Life Alysis
- Providence Hospital St. John Health
- The Medical Team
- University of Michigan Hospital & Health Centers
- Vibra Hospital
- …and more!
To learn more about the Dialysis Patient Care Technician program at Dorsey Schools, call 888-422-1188 or contact us.
Dialysis Patient Care Technician – Gainful Employment Disclosures
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who have completed the program, and other important information, please click here.