Even though local nail shops and beauty salons are closed right now, it does not mean that we still cannot get a little pampering. We will just need to be a little more creative on how we do it! Lucky for you, we have you covered. We recently caught up with Mr. Jason Camilleri, Associate Director of Cosmetology at Dorsey School of Beauty in Taylor. He gave us the steps on how you could give yourself a pedicure at home while you are self-isolating. Check it out below. This self-pedicure could be just what you have been looking for.
1. Remove all polish and soak your feet in your tub to soften your skin.
2. Push cuticle back and file your nails to desired shape.
3. Massage your toes, feet, calves and legs with body lotion.
4. Use a Q-tip dipped in polish remover to remove any lotion residue.
5. Prep your toes by twisting a paper towel between toes and apply a base coat on each nail.
6. Next apply two coats polish (allow the polish to dry between the first and second coats).
There you have it! In six simple steps, you can give yourself a DIY Pedicure at home. Self-isolating can be hard on all of us, so remember to do something nice for yourself today, whether it is a pedicure or something else. Also, do not forget, summer will be here before we know it. With summer, comes sandal and flip-flop season, so let’s keep our toes looking great!