Now that we’re fully immersed into 2016, it’s time to be on the lookout for the latest trends and styles in beauty and fashion (if you haven’t already)! Our team has been scouring the net looking for some of 2016’s hottest hair trends and we found this video from a segment on Good Morning America from December 31, 2015 that we had to share! During the segment, celebrity stylist Takisha Sturdivant-Drew shares some of the popular hairstyles that she thinks will be trending in the New Year, who has been seen wearing them, and how someone can achieve this style. Takisha has worked with a number of celebrities, including Carrie Washington. Check out the hot hair trends that she shared, below!
1. Messy Waves
- What are Messy Waves? The messy wave gives natural body and movement to any hairstyle. Giving hair a more “I wake up like this” look.
- Who’s been seen wearing Messy Waves? Carrie Washington, Jessica Beal, and Jessica Alba have all be seen sporting the messy waves look!
- How to achieve the Messy Waves style? First, you have to start with a foundation of a good shampoo and conditioner, which should help add shine to your hair. Takisha then takes a big curling iron, wraps the hair around the curling iron very loosely, and then she uses a flatiron to make the hair very messy.
2. The Lob
- What is the Lob? Simply put, the Lob is a long Bob style.
- Who’s been seen wearing the Lob? Carrie Washington, Kate Middleton, and Taylor Swift have all jumped on the Lob bandwagon at one point in time or another.
- How to achieve the Lob style? For those with long hair, you can take the hair and tease it with a really good teasing brush (perhaps brushopolis), and this will give the hair volume. You can then take large bobby pins and pin the hair in places letting some of the hair fall in the front and on the side.
- What’s happening with braids? Part of the appeal with braids is that they add a ‘natural’ look, which Takisha reports will be a trend to be on the lookout for in 2016.
- Who’s been seen wearing these braid styles? Carrie Washington (Crown Braids), Emma Stone, and Hayden Panettiere have all been seen rocking braids.
- How to achieve a textured braid? Takisha refers to this as a “2 in 1,” using a crown braid that goes all the way around someone’s head and then adding texture to the rest of their hair by using a curling iron and fingering it out. It’s a combo of styles she’s recently seen on Viola Davis and Lupita Nyong’o.
The Cosmetology Training Program at Dorsey School of Beauty
Do you like to stay on top of the latest hair, beauty, and style trends? If so, then training for a new career in Cosmetology may be right for you! Dorsey School of Beauty’s Cosmetology Diploma Program requires 1500 clock hours, and during that time the curriculum combines comprehensive classroom instruction with valuable hands-on training in an actual beauty clinic (with real-life clients) for a complete educational foundation. The Cosmetology program at Dorsey School of Beauty is designed to take a student’s interest in hair, makeup, and nails to the next professional level. During the Cosmetology program, students will have the opportunity to help people look their best (as they work towards building great careers for themselves). Upon graduation, students will have had the opportunity to gain a thorough knowledge of art principles, hair styling, hair cutting and shaping, hair coloring, thermal waving and curling, permanent waving, chemical relaxing, shampooing, manicuring, scalp and facial treatments. Once licensed, graduates may work as entry level cosmetologists under numerous job descriptions.
The Cosmetology program is offered at the following Dorsey School of Beauty campus locations:
If you want to begin working towards a beautiful new career, you can call Dorsey School of Beauty today at 888-422-1188 or request information online.
Cosmetology Program – Gainful Employment Disclosures – Madison Heights, Roseville, and Lansing Campuses
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who have completed the Cosmetology Program for Dorsey School of Business (located in Roseville, Madison Heights, and Lansing), and other important information, please click here to read more.
Cosmetology Program – Gainful Employment Disclosures – Taylortown School of Beauty
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who have completed the Cosmetology program for Taylortown School of Beauty, and other important information, please click here to read more.
Taylortown School of Beauty operates as Dorsey School of Beauty and/or Dorsey Schools (Taylor Campus location).