How Manicure Classes Can Help Get Your Career Started
Are you passionate about the latest beauty trends? Helping people look and feel their best can be so rewarding. Why not turn it into a career? Manicure classes could be the perfect path you are looking for!
Whether you are wondering about manicure classes, or how they may help you along the way in your career, we may have the answers you seek. In this article, we will explain how manicure classes work, and just what you can expect. Read on and learn just why taking manicure classes may be the perfect way to jumpstart your career.
Get started today, learn more about our manicuring classes.
What Do Manicure Classes Include?
Enrolling in a nail technician program (or manicuring program) may be the perfect opportunity you are looking for to get your career started. Courses may cover a wide range of topics and skill sets that may be required when pursuing your exciting brand new career. Some manicuring class topics covered could include:
- Basic instructions in manicure techniques
- Nail technology
- Nail technician techniques
- Manicure shop management
- Manicuring and pedicures
At many schools, students are provided with a manicuring kit, which can contain various items used within the industry. In the kit you may find everything you need to complete some of the hands-on training included in the courses you take. Students may have the opportunity to provide services to the public while enrolled, but the public may be charged.
Manicurist/ Nail Technician Career Outlook
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of manicurists and pedicurists is projected to grow 33 percent from 2020 to 2030, which is much faster than the average for all occupations (1). It may be a great time to enroll in manicure classes since employment opportunities are high due to a recovering economy. (1) In the State of Michigan, employment of manicurists and pedicurists is projected to grow 1.6% from 2018-2028. (2)
Think this is the perfect career for you? Learn more on how our manicure classes could get you started!
Where Could I Work after Completing my Manicure Classes?
Taking manicuring classes and completing a program could lead to many different opportunities, once you become licensed. If you are an individual who enjoys a flexible work schedule, a manicure program could be the perfect opportunity for you. Below is a list of places that you could work, as well as different job opportunities you could find yourself in.
Places you could find yourself working in after manicure classes are completed and you’ve obtained licensure include:
- Private manicuring business
- Chain manicuring business
- Department store salons
As well, here is a list of potential job opportunities that you could find yourself in after manicuring school and becoming licensed:
- Platform manicurist
- Salon owner
- Nail tech
- Nail technician director
- Theatrical nail technician
- And more!
You may have the flexibility to turn this career into one that you love!
Important Qualities of a Manicurist/Nail Technician That You Could Learn
As nail technicians touch the lives of many people, they need to have certain social skills and qualities to keep customers coming back. Some of the qualities that nail technicians and manicurists should possess are: (1)
- Business skills: Manicurists and pedicurists who run their own nail salon must understand general business principles. Understanding how to manage a salon efficiently and profitably is a crucial part of the job.
- Creativity The ability to neatly finish small, intricate designs is important. As is the ability to suggest nail designs that match individual tastes. Nail techniques will play an important role when taking manicure classes.
- Customer service skills: Good listening and communication skills are important in working with clients which encourages repeat business.
- Dexterity: A steady hand is essential in achieving a creative and precise nail design. In addition, because manicurists and pedicurists often use sharp tools, they must have good finger dexterity (1)
Enroll in Dorsey College’s Manicuring training program
Make your dreams of making others feel good about themselves a reality by taking the first step! Enroll in Dorsey College’s Manicuring training program to embark on a journey where you can express yourself freely. If you have been thinking about taking nail technician courses the Manicuring program at Dorsey College can help you get on your way towards your new career. We are here to help you begin your first steps towards your career, enroll in manicuring classes today!
Dorsey School of Beauty, located in Taylor, MI, is a sister school of Dorsey College. Dorsey School of Beauty in Taylor, MI is institutionally accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NACCAS). To learn more about Dorsey School of Beauty in Taylor, MI you can click here.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Manicurists and Pedicurists, at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/personal-care-and-service/manicurists-and-pedicurists.htm (visited October 28, 2021).
- Michigan DTMB, Bureau of Labor Market Information and Strategic Initiatives, Long-Term Occupational Employment Projections (2018-2028) Michigan Statewide, Manicurists and Pedicurists (SOC Code: 39-5092), https://milmi.org/ (visited November 29, 2021).