Hotel Restaurant Management
Hotel and Restaurant Management Diploma Program
Please note: Dorsey Schools is not accepting students in the Hotel and Restaurant Management Training program at this time.
The Hotel and Restaurant Management Diploma Program is designed to prepare students for work in the hospitality and tourism industry. The hospitality and tourism industry is vast and diverse, with possible career options in recreation and leisure, lodging and food services, restaurants, and in venues that offer conference services, expositions and entertainment. This program introduces the student to hotel operations, restaurant management, human resources, organizational behavior, quality customer service strategies, marketing and the MEEC (Meetings, Expositions, Events and Conventions) industry.
The Hotel and Restaurant Management Diploma Program is offered at this Dorsey Schools campus location:
Hotel and Restaurant Management Training
Training in this program includes:
- The opportunity to learn key business and professional communication skills, with a focus on verbal and written office communications, presentations, meetings, computer skills, and more.
- Coverage of job search techniques, including how to prepare a professional resume, cover letter, interviewing and networking skills.
- An externship component is included in the last module that allows students to assimilate the knowledge acquired in the program into a real occupational setting within the hotel and restaurant management industry.
- During the course of the Hotel and Restaurant Management Program, students are eligible to challenge ManageFirst® Competency Exams for ServSafe® Alcohol Certification, Hotel and Restaurant Management, and Controlling Foodservice Costs, as well as the National Restaurant Association’s ServSafe® Essentials certification exam. Dorsey Schools will pay the cost one time for students in this program to challenge these certification exams, contingent upon the student meeting Dorsey Schools exam preparation requirements.
Hospitality Career Outlook
Careers in the hospitality field are diverse. Graduates of this program have gone on to find successful employment in a variety of positions in the hospitality industry. Positions in this field can be found in hotels, resorts, spas, restaurants, night clubs, or any other venues that provide hospitality services.
Graduates from Dorsey Schools have been employed by:
- Hampton Inn
- MGM Grand Casino
- New Center Community Services
- Top Flite Financial
- …and more!
To learn more about the Hotel and Restaurant Management Program at Dorsey Schools, call 888-422-1188 or contact us.
Hotel and Restaurant Management Program – Gainful Employment Disclosures
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who have completed the program, and other important information, please click here.