Electrical Technician Training Program
If you’re looking for a growing career in the electrical field, consider Dorsey Schools’ Electrical Technician training program. Dorsey Schools’ hands-on diploma program guides students along the path to becoming qualified electrical technicians.
Students enrolled in the Electrical Technician program have the opportunity to learn the technical electrical skills to meet the demands of employers in the field. In fact, employers today cite a shortage of qualified Skilled Trade Workers (and these include electrical technicians).
With the training provided at Dorsey Schools, students can be prepared to seek a variety of electrical technician jobs. These can include industrial, residential, construction, commercial, municipal, or utilities settings. Furthermore, qualified technicians install, repair, replace, and maintain a variety of electrical wiring, fixtures and system equipment. No prior experience in this field is required to enroll in the Electrical Technician training program, just the desire to learn.
What Does an Electrical Technician Do?
- Install lighting systems
- Identify electrical issues using testing devices
- Direct workers to install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring and equipment
- Read blueprints and technical diagrams
- Inspect and repair electrical systems components (such as transformers and circuit breakers)
- Follow state and local building regulations
Hands-On Electrical Technician Training includes:
- A hands-on approach to instruction and learning in the classroom.
- Exposure to topics such as electrical grounding/circuitry, electrical theory and safety, and branch circuit distribution.
- An opportunity to master skills needed to seek employment in industrial, residential, construction, commercial, municipal, or utilities settings to install, repair, replace, or maintain a variety of electrical wiring, fixtures, and system equipment.
Electrical Technician Career Outlook
With the electrical technician training provided at Dorsey Schools, graduates can be well-prepared to work in industrial, residential, construction, commercial, municipal, or utilities settings.
Common job duties may include installing, troubleshooting, repairing, replacing, and maintaining a variety of electrical wiring, fixtures, and system equipment.
Positions in this field may be found with independent electrical contractors, engineering firms, home builders, physical plant maintenance crews, and other organizations with independently-maintained electrical systems.
The Electrical Technician Diploma Program is offered at the following Dorsey Schools campus locations:
Graduates from Dorsey Schools have been employed by:
- Partner Personnel
- Daniel Electric
- Trillium Staffing
- RCI Electrical Contractors
- JF Industrial Services
- Batton Technical
- Phoenix Property Management
- …and more!
Enroll in Dorsey’s Electrical Technician training program today and get the career training you need to become a valued professional in the skilled trades field in as little as 12 months.
Electrical Technician Program – Gainful Employment Disclosures
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who have completed the program, and other important information, please click here.