Electrical Technician Diploma Program
The Electrical Technician diploma program at Dorsey Schools guides students along the path to becoming qualified electrical technicians. Students will receive hands-on training while developing work habits and skills that are required for entry-level and apprentice positions in the electrical field. Employers today cite a shortage of qualified Skilled Trade Workers (and these include electrical technicians). Students enrolled in the Electrical Technician program have the opportunity to learn the technical electrical skills to meet the demands of employers in the field. With the electrical technician training provided at Dorsey Schools, students can be prepared to work in industrial, residential, construction, commercial, municipal, or utilities settings to install, repair, replace, or maintain a variety of electrical wiring, fixtures and system equipment.
The Electrical Technician Diploma Program is offered at the following Dorsey Schools campus locations:
Electrical Technician Training
Training in this program includes:
- A hands-on approach to instruction and learning in the classroom.
- Exposure to topics such as electrical grounding/circuitry, electrical theory and safety, and branch circuit distribution.
- An opportunity to master skills needed to seek employment in industrial, residential, construction, commercial, municipal, or utilities settings to install, repair, replace, or maintain a variety of electrical wiring, fixtures, and system equipment.
Electrical Technician Career Outlook
With the electrical technician training provided at Dorsey Schools, graduates can be well-prepared to work in industrial, residential, construction, commercial, municipal, or utilities settings. Common job duties may include installing, troubleshooting, repairing, replacing, and maintaining a variety of electrical wiring, fixtures, and system equipment. Positions in this field may be found with independent electrical contractors, engineering firms, home builders, physical plant maintenance crews, and other organizations with independently-maintained electrical systems.
Graduates from Dorsey Schools have been employed by:
- Partner Personnel
- Daniel Electric
- Trillium Staffing
- RCI Electrical Contractors
- JF Industrial Services
- Batton Technical
- Phoenix Property Management
- …and more!
Enroll in the Electrical Technician program at Dorsey Schools today and get the career training you need to become a valued professional in this skilled trade in as little as 12 months.
To learn more about the Electrical Technician program at Dorsey Schools, call 888-422-1188 or contact us.
To learn more check out our Electrical Technician FAQ page!
- What Electrical Technicians Do
- Becoming an Electrical Technician
- The Dorsey Schools Electrical Technician Program
Electrical Technician Program – Gainful Employment Disclosures
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who have completed the program, and other important information, please click here.