Campus of Interest: *
First Name: *
Last Name: *
Phone Number: *
Zip Code: *
Practical Nurse Training Program
Training in this program includes:
- Comprehensive coverage of cognitive, psychomotor, and behavioral learning disciplines
- Practical nurse skills and responsibilities, including patient care, assist with patient education, managing team nursing care delivery, and the supervision of unlicensed assistive personnel
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills, with a focus on legal, ethical, moral, and cultural issues in current healthcare environment
- Students who successfully complete this program will receive a certificate in Practical Nursing and be eligible to sit for the NCLEX-PN exam and upon successfully passing the NCLEX-PN exam, may become licensed as a Practical Nurse
Practical Nurse Program
The Practical Nurse certificate program at Dorsey Schools provides comprehensive classroom education and practical hands-on training designed to help our students prepare for rewarding careers in the medical field. Course topics include: Computer Applications, Medical Terminology, Anatomy and Physiology, Practical Nursing Fundamentals, Applied Math for Nursing/Dosages and Calculations, Pharmacology and Medication Delivery, Mental Health, Medical and Surgical Nursing, Maternal and Newborn Nursing, Pediatric Nursing, Geriatric Nursing, and more.
Practical Nurse Career Outlook
Practical Nurses are among the most in-demand positions in today’s health care field. These professionals provide direct patient care under the direction of registered nurses and doctors. Typical job responsibilities include taking vital signs, preparing and administering injections, collecting samples for testing, and a host of other practical nursing duties required by the health care facility’s leading physician or registered nurses. Once licensed, jobs in this field can be found in hospitals, outpatient facilities, long-term care facilities, clinics, home care services, and other healthcare facilities.
According to the US Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of licensed practical and licensed vocational nurses is projected to grow 16% from 2014 to 2024, which is much faster than the average for all occupations.a In addition, according to the State of Michigan DTMB, Bureau of Labor Market Information and Strategic Initiatives, employment of licensed practical and licensed vocational nurses is projected to grow 5.5% from 2014 to 2024.b
Enroll in the Practical Nurse program at Dorsey Schools today and get the career training you need to become a healthcare professional.
Locations that Offer this Program
Impressive Employers Hire Graduates from the Dorsey Schools:
- Centria Home Health Care
- Evangelical Nursing Home
- Hartford Nursing & Rehab Center
- Health Source Home Care
- Meridian Visiting Physicians
- St. Mary’s Nursing & Rehab Center
- Westland Nursing and Rehab Center
- Westwood Nursing Home
- Woodward Hills Nursing Center
- …and More!
aBureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition, Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/licensed-practical-and-licensed-vocational-nurses.htm (visited July 11, 2016).
bMichigan DTMB, Bureau of Labor Market Information and Strategic Initiatives, Long-Term Occupational Employment Projections (2014-2024) Michigan Statewide, Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses (SOC Code: 29-2061), http://milmi.mt.gov/Portals/137/publications/projectionsdata/LongTerm_OccupationalProj_2024_MI.xlsx (visited July 11, 2016).