Are you thinking about training for a new career? Perhaps changing jobs? With the New Year just days away, now is a great time to think about making a change. If you’re thinking about making a change and want to begin training for a new career, you’re not alone! Each year, hundreds of students begin training at Dorsey Schools for their new career beginning in January.
Here are 7 reasons why January is a great time to go back to school:
New Year, New YOU!
The New Year is upon us, and as cliché as New Year’s resolutions can be, why not make one that can help you better yourself. Education is a gift that you give yourself that no one can take away from you. If you’re looking to make a change in your life, commit to it in 2016 and take that first step by beginning your training for a new career.
The sooner you start, the sooner you finish!
It is human nature to procrastinate and we’ve all been there, right? We know something needs to be done or there is something that we’ve wanted to do, but we just keep putting it off. The thing is, the longer you put off starting school, the longer you put off finishing school. On the other hand, the sooner you start, the sooner you can finish, so why not get started in January?
Start in January, and you can be finished by the holidays in 2016!
Many of the career training programs at Dorsey Schools can be completed in a year or less (actual completion time will vary by program and by student). This means that depending upon what path you take, you could be finished with your training by the holidays next year – what a wonderful gift that would be to yourself! And just think, you could be ready to begin your new career in 2017 (there is something to look forward to already for next year’s New Year!).
Kids are heading back to school in January, you can too!
The kids will be returning to school from the holiday break in January, so for many, it makes sense for them to head back to school as well. Some have found it easy to put themselves on a new (school) schedule in the winter or the fall when their kids are heading back to school at the same time.
Set a great example for your kids!
We talked above about how putting yourself on a new school schedule when your kids are getting back into their school schedule can be beneficial. Going back to school can also be motivating and inspiring to your kids if you’re a parent. Beyond the fact that kids will see their parents going back to school to better themselves, it can also be helpful in getting kids to do their homework and study. You may even have group study time/homework time each night.
It’s one of our most popular start dates of the year!
January tends to be a very popular time for those looking to make a change to go back to school. Each year, hundreds of students begin their career training at Dorsey Schools in January, many for the reasons we mentioned above. Given the popularity of the January class start, now is a great time to consider starting on your path towards a new career.
Seats in certain programs may be limited.
New enrollments in certain Dorsey Schools programs may be limited or have limited availability, which again, makes January a desirable time to begin your training. For example, the Culinary Arts program at Dorsey Schools only starts new students four times per year (January being one of them), so if you don’t start in January, you’re going to wait nearly three months before you can begin. That can seem like a long time! Keeping that in mind, NOW is the time to get things started and reserve a seat in the program of your choice if you’re thinking about training for a new career at Dorsey Schools beginning in January.
Are you ready to get started?
- Classes for the Cosmetology Program at Dorsey School of Beauty begin January 4, 2016
- Classes for other Dorsey Schools Programs begin January 11, 2016
Take the next step:
- Give us a call! One of our Admissions Representatives would be more than happy to help you! (888) 422-1188
- Request Info Online by clicking here and someone will call you back.
Not sure which path to take?
That’s okay. We have several resources that can help you explore various career paths/fields of study:
- Careers In Demand: There’s a helpful page on our website called Careers In Demand. Here we’ve outlined some of the most in-demand careers nationally as reported by the US Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Free Online Career Assessment: Not exactly sure which direction you may want to take? That’s alright! We may suggest taking our Free Online Career Assessment. It may help you identify a path or field of study that would be right for you. Check it out here.
- Free Career Outlook Guides: Want to learn more about various fields of study and training programs? Check out our various Career Outlook Guides (Healthcare, Culinary, Cosmetology, Dental Assistant, and HVAC Systems Technician). These can provide you with some additional information that may be helpful in looking at your different options. Click here to download a Free Career Outlook Guide.
All of us here at Dorsey Schools are available and happy to help you any way we can. Please feel free to give us a call at (888) 422-1188 and a member of our team will be more than happy to assist you. In addition, we would welcome you to schedule a visit to come into one of our campuses for a tour and a free career planning session. We look forward to meeting you and helping you reach your educational goals in the New Year!
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at www.dorsey.edu/disclosures.