The ITLS Provider course includes 8 hours of classroom instruction, 8 hours of hands-on skills training, and testing for ITLS Basic or Advanced certification. Innovative skills stations let you practice the abilities appropriate for your level of certification:
- Patient assessment and management
- Basic and advanced airway management
- Spinal motion restriction—rapid extrication, short backboard, helmet management, log roll and long backboard/scoop stretcher utilization
- Extremity immobilization and traction splint application
- Needle chest decompression and fluid resuscitation (for Advanced certification)
With its comprehensive approach to core knowledge and skills, the ITLS Provider training is appropriate for all levels of EMS personnel—from EMT-Bs and first responders to advanced EMTs, paramedics, trauma nurses, and physicians.
Please contact Dorsey Emergency Medical Academy in New Boston at (734) 753-9991 to learn more.
ITLS Classes in Michigan
No classes are scheduled at this time.