Established in 1975 as Taylortown School of Beauty, the school specializes in providing cosmetology training. Located in the Taylor Town Shopping Center, the school has over 12,000 square feet divided for clinic and instructional purposes meeting Michigan Board of Cosmetology requirements. In 2011, Taylortown School of Beauty became Dorsey School of Beauty. Taylortown School of Beauty operates as Dorsey School of Beauty Taylor, MI Campus location. Over the years, both instructors and administration have worked continuously to provide quality cosmetology education and facilities. Dorsey School of Beauty strives to provide a creative training environment, leading to pampered clients and a more beautiful world.
The entire staff of Dorsey School of Beauty strives to prepare men and women for the best possible career opportunities in various fields. We are committed to providing quality career education and positive reinforcement to enable the individual development of self-esteem, self-reliance, discipline, and confidence in all graduates coupled with an obligation to the communities in which they live and work.
In support of our mission, the following measurable objectives have been developed:
- Continually update the curriculum to provide programs that meet the needs of the community.
- Offer students the opportunity to develop a foundation of skills and abilities that satisfy the performance requirements of employers.
- Develop each students’ self-confidence and interpersonal skills.
- Provide a pleasant and professional atmosphere conducive to learning that provides experience in operating equipment and software typical of that currently being used in the workplace.
- Provide a dedicated, competent, and caring faculty and staff.
- Offer community involvement activities designed to stimulate student involvement in the community.
- Assist students to secure training-related employment.