Established in 1975 as Taylortown School of Beauty, the school specializes in providing cosmetology training. Located in the Taylor Town Shopping Center, the school has over 12,000 square feet divided for clinic and instructional purposes meeting Michigan Board of Cosmetology requirements. In 2011, Taylortown School of Beauty became Dorsey School of Beauty. Over the years, both instructors and administration have worked continuously to provide quality cosmetology education and facilities. Programs at Dorsey School of Beauty’s campus offer a blended approach of classroom instruction along with hands-on learning. Now incorporating the convenience and flexibility of hybrid education, this adaptation of modern learning practices allows us to better serve our students, local employers, and the communities in which we live and work. Dorsey School of Beauty strives to provide a creative training environment, leading to pampered clients and a more beautiful world.
Dorsey School of Beauty is proudly represented by thousands of successful graduates in Michigan. The entire staff of Dorsey School of Beauty strives to prepare individuals for the best possible career opportunities in varied fields of cosmetology. Get started on your career training today and you too can represent Dorsey School of Beauty by working in the field of your choice, right here in Michigan.
Dorsey School of Beauty is the “doing business as” name of Lindenwood Holdings, Inc., which is a Delaware LLC. Dorsey School of Beauty’s sole member is Lindenwood Education System (LES), which is a Missouri nonprofit corporation recognized by the IRS as a Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. As such, donations to Dorsey School of Beauty are treated, for federal tax purposes, as charitable contributions and as permitted by law are tax-deductible. Dorsey School of Beauty is currently regulated by the U.S. Department of Education as a proprietary institution of higher education. Dorsey School of Beauty is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NACCAS). Other institutions of higher education within the LES are governed separately and maintain separate institutional accreditations.
The entire staff of Dorsey School of Beauty strives to prepare men and women for the best possible career opportunities in various fields. We are committed to providing quality career education and positive reinforcement to enable the individual development of self-esteem, self-reliance, discipline, and confidence in all graduates coupled with an obligation to the communities in which they live and work.
In support of our mission, the following measurable objectives have been developed:
- Continually update the curriculum to provide programs that meet the needs of the community.
- Offer students the opportunity to develop a foundation of skills and abilities that satisfy the performance requirements of employers.
- Develop each students’ self-confidence and interpersonal skills.
- Provide a pleasant and professional atmosphere conducive to learning that provides experience in operating equipment and software typical of that currently being used in the workplace.
- Provide a dedicated, competent, and caring faculty and staff.
- Offer community involvement activities designed to stimulate student involvement in the community.
- Assist students to secure training-related employment.