Meet John, Julia, and Walter, Graduates from the Culinary Arts Program
The Culinary Arts program at Dorsey Schools is designed to prepare culinary arts students to work in food preparation jobs in a number of environments, including restaurants, healthcare and social assistance facilities, and schools. Experienced chef instructors provide the training students need to prepare for a culinary arts career, exposing students to the knowledge and skills needed to be prepared for entry-level employment opportunities in the culinary arts field.
Meet John, Julia, and Walter, Graduates from the Culinary Arts program
- A student who wants a culinary arts career will be provided training in both kitchen and classroom environments at Dorsey Schools.
- Culinary arts students are also provided the equipment necessary to complete the culinary arts lessons.
- Students will have the opportunity to learn various aspects of the culinary arts industry, including baking, butchering, and healthy cooking and nutrition.
The Culinary Arts Diploma Program is offered at the following Dorsey Schools campus locations:
- Dorsey Schools Culinary Arts training program http://www.dorsey.edu/culinary-arts/
- Culinary Arts Gainful Employment Disclosures http://www.dorsey.edu/gedt/culinary-arts/
For your reference, we’ve included the links below of several very helpful websites where you can learn more about the work performed by those in the Culinary Arts, info pertaining to Jobs in the Culinary Arts, the path people take to enter the Culinary field, etc.:
Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition, Cooks, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/food-preparation-and-serving/cooks.htm (visited July 11, 2016).
Michigan DTMB, Bureau of Labor Market Information and Strategic Initiatives, Long-Term Occupational Employment Projections (2014-2024) Michigan Statewide, Cooks, All Other (SOC Code: 35-2019), http://milmi.mt.gov/Portals/137/publications/projectionsdata/LongTerm_OccupationalProj_2024_MI.xlsx (visited July 11, 2016).
- Michigan Occupational Wage Information: http://milmi.org/?PAGEID=67&SUBID=124
- O*Net Online: http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/35-2014.00
Culinary Arts Training Program – Gainful Employment Disclosures
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who have completed the program, and other important information, please click here.