Electrical Technician Program
The Electrical Technician diploma program at Dorsey Schools provides students with classroom instruction and hands-on training that are designed to help develop the educational foundation, work habits, and skills necessary for obtaining entry-level positions in this skilled trade. Students enrolled in this program will be exposed to training in blueprints and electrical schematics, electrical grounding and circuitry, electrical theory and safety, branch circuit distribution, motor and advanced control circuits, programmable logic controllers, the NEC (National Electrical Code), and more.
- A hands-on approach to instruction and learning in the classroom.
- Exposure to topics such as electrical grounding/circuitry, electrical theory and safety, and branch circuit distribution.
- An opportunity to master skills needed to seek employment in industrial, residential, construction, commercial, municipal, or utilities settings to install, repair, replace, or maintain a variety of electrical wiring, fixtures, and system equipment.
- Dearborn Campus
- Wayne-Westland Campus
Electrical Technician Career Outlook
With the electrical technician training provided at Dorsey Schools, graduates can be well-prepared to work in industrial, residential, construction, commercial, municipal, or utilities settings. Common job duties may include installing, troubleshooting, repairing, replacing, and maintaining a variety of electrical wiring, fixtures, and system equipment. Positions in this field may be found with independent electrical contractors, engineering firms, home builders, physical plant maintenance crews, and other organizations with independently-maintained electrical systems.
Enroll in the Electrical Technician program at Dorsey Schools today and get the career training you need to become a valued professional in this skilled trade in as little as 12 months.
- Partner Personnel
- Daniel Electric
- Trillium Staffing
- RCI Electrical Contractors
- JF Industrial Services
- Batton Technical
- Phoenix Property Management
- …and more!
Why Choose Dorsey
Dorsey Schools is a respected post-secondary institution, having trained and taught quality graduates in Michigan since 1934. At Dorsey Schools, you’re not just a number. You have specific goals; goals that are unique to you as an individual and as a student at Dorsey Schools, we’re going to work hard to help you reach those goals. Our instructors and administrators know students individually and they care about each individual student. In addition, our schools are designed to help students throughout their time with us from the Admissions process through Financial Aid to Career Services, our administrators are readily available. Here at Dorsey Schools, we have a strong commitment to our students and the communities in which they live and work.
- Small Class Sizes: Many of our lecture classes have a maximum of a 30:1 student to teacher ratio (some may be up to 40:1, it varies by campus), and most lab classes have a maximum of an 18:1 student to teacher ratio, allowing students to receive personal attention and the one-on-one guidance needed for success.
- Quality Instructors: Our industry-experienced instructors are dedicated and committed to our students’ success. Every Dorsey Schools instructor meets or exceeds State of Michigan and accreditation criteria, guidelines, and qualifications. It’s not uncommon for Dorsey students to see their instructors as their coach and mentor throughout their studies.
- Hands-on Training: We provide our students with program-specific curriculum dedicated to assist them in learning the skills needed for that specific career. Learning at Dorsey Schools often takes place in both lecture and lab settings allowing students the ability to practice the skills they are learning. Many of our programs also include an Externship prior to graduation, designed to model the work environment students may experience upon Graduation.*
- Short-Term Training Programs: Many of the programs at Dorsey Schools can be completed in a year or less, allowing you to complete your training in a relatively short period of time.**
- TEN Convenient Campus Locations: We have TEN campus locations (Dearborn, Farmington Hills, Lansing, Madison Heights, Roseville, Saginaw, Southgate, Taylor, Waterford-Pontiac, Wayne-Westland) prepared to assist the people of Michigan develop skills needed for exciting new career opportunities. Each of our campuses has a dedicated staff available to help you throughout your studies.
- Convenient Class Schedules: We realize our students are busy and often juggle commitments outside of school. As a result, we offer Day, Afternoon, and Evening classes*** designed to fit your schedule.
- Tuition Planning: Each of our campuses has Financial Aid Representatives available to meet with students and discuss financing options. We realize the Financial Aid process can be difficult to understand, but our team will help students understand the process and options available to them. Financial Aid is available to those who qualify.
- Career Services: Each of our campuses has Career Services professionals dedicated to offer employment assistance to all eligible graduates. In addition, Dorsey Schools has developed relationships with employers in Michigan which, when coupled with the job search skills students learn, creates positive employment possibilities for our graduates. Dorsey Schools is your Career Connection™.
*Programs vary by campus
**Completion time varies by program
***Availability varies by campus