Dorsey School of Beauty
Cosmetology Instructor Training Program
The Cosmetology Instructor program at Dorsey School of Beauty will teach essential skills and provide a comprehensive practice of hands-on theory of student instruction in all phases of cosmetology. Upon graduation, the trainee instructor will have a thorough knowledge of the cosmetology curriculum, course outlining and development, lesson planning, teaching techniques, and teaching aids. The trainee cosmetology instructor will also be educated in developing, administering and grading examinations, the laws and rules of cosmetology, record keeping, school administration, and practice teaching in clinic and theory classrooms and treatments. Once licensed as a Cosmetology Instructor, there are numerous job descriptions that a graduate can pursue as career opportunities. These positions include cosmetology and nail technician instructor, school director, state board member and state board inspector. The Dorsey School of Beauty Cosmetology Instructor training program in Michigan is well-established, and your education will help you excel in teaching others about the practical aspects of cosmetology. Our training program aims to empower graduates to help their students to master professionalism and work with clients in a practice salon clinic setting.
The Cosmetology Instructor program at Dorsey School of Beauty totals at least 500 clock hours and consists of two courses: INST101 Cosmetology Instructor 1 (250 hours) and INST102 Cosmetology Instructor II (250 hours.).
Contact Dorsey Schools to learn more about Dorsey School of Beauty or if you would like to begin your career path to becoming a Cosmetology Instructor, apply online now!
The Cosmetology Instructor program is offered at the following campuses of Dorsey Schools:
Training in this program includes:
- Comprehensive instruction in all phases of cosmetology.
- Education in developing, administering and grading examinations, classroom management, lesson plan development, teaching methods for various student learning styles, laws and rules of cosmetology, record keeping, school administration, and more.
- Dorsey School of Beauty (located at the Roseville and Lansing Campuses) is institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- Dorsey School of Beauty (located at the Taylor Campus) is institutionally accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts & Sciences, Inc. (NACCAS).
- Flexible schedule customized during this unique program.
- As licensure is required for employment in the State of Michigan, reimbursement for a one-time licensing exam fee is included in this program.
The goal of accreditation is to ensure that education provided by institutions of higher education, like Dorsey Schools, meets or exceeds an acceptable level of quality. Dorsey Schools are proud to have achieved accreditation through the following:
Dorsey School of Beauty in Taylor is institutionally accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NACCAS). All other campus locations are institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
Cosmetology Instructor Career Information
For more information about a career as a Cosmetology Instructor, please visit the U.S. Department of Labor's O*NET website. The Standard Occupational Code (SOC) for this career is 39-5012 and the Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) code for this program is 12.0413. Additional cosmetology career information specific to the State of Michigan can be found at the Career One Stop website, which is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration. When visiting the website, navigate to the browse occupations page, type "Vocational Education Instructor" in the key word search box, and then continue to select the State of Michigan.
Taylortown School of Beauty operates as Dorsey Schools and/or Dorsey School of Beauty (Taylor Campus location).
Cosmetology Employment Opportunities
Employment opportunities may include beauty salons, spas, and other related businesses as a stylist, color specialist, skin or nail specialist, educator, platform or makeup artist, manufacturer’s representative, cosmetic salesperson and more.
The Dorsey Advantage
- Dorsey Schools have graduated thousands of successful graduates for over 75 years!
- Dorsey provides graduates with employment assistance through Career Services. Receive personalized assistance in your job search!
- Financial Aid Available to those who qualify.
- Dorsey School of Beauty offers nationally accredited courses