Computer Software Specialist
Computer Software Specialist Diploma Program
Please note: Dorsey Schools is not accepting students into the Computer Software Specialist program at this time.
The Computer Software Specialist diploma program is ideal for individuals who are interested in advancing their computer software skills in order to thrive in various office and administrative positions in today’s dynamic business environment. Over the years, technology and computer applications have transformed the way we do business and live our lives. The Computer Software Specialist diploma program was designed to provide training to students with the purpose of preparing them for four certification exams for in-demand software programs that are commonly used in an office setting. Additionally, competencies in professionalism are integrated into the entire program. The comprehensive training in this program exposes students to computer software applications, and also affords each student an education that is designed to enhance business communication, writing, and interpersonal skills, while reinforcing professionalism.
The Computer Software Specialist Diploma Program is offered at the following Dorsey Schools campus locations:
Computer Software Specialist Training
Training in this program includes:
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, advanced word processing, and computer graphics training.
- Computer document processing and business communications.
- Microsoft Outlook, Windows and keyboarding.
- Use of the Dorsey Schools Computer Labs for courses, training and skill development.
- Occupational readiness courses:
- Students will participate in three courses. These will be assigned based on each individual student’s assessment outcomes, aptitude, enrollment interview, and career training interests. The courses are designed to help him/her as they move toward entering their desired career field.
- Course options include QuickBooks, Database Management and Fundamental Accounting.
- Courses can include additional classroom training as well as externship participation, where students can apply their training in a professional setting.
- Preparation for professional certification exams, which will enhance each student’s training and their appeal to potential employers.
- An externship is included in the program, allowing students to apply what they have learned throughout the program into practical application while gaining industry experience.
Additional Program Information
Dorsey Schools will pay the cost one time for students in this program to challenge (2) Microsoft Office Specialist certification exams as selected by Dorsey Schools, contingent upon the student meeting Dorsey Schools exam preparation requirements. A netbook computer is also included in the program tuition.
To learn more about the Computer Software Specialist diploma program at Dorsey Schools, call 888-422-1188 or contact us.
Computer Software Specialist – Gainful Employment Disclosures
For more information on our graduation rates, the median debt of students who have completed the program, and other important information, please click here.